The IHI Open School is an excellent tool for health and health care professionals looking to advance their careers to the next level. Used by physicians, nurses, pharmacists, social workers, and a variety of other roles in the health industry, the Open School offers full access to over 30 asynchronous courses that are great for self-paced learning from anywhere, at any time.
Benefits of the IHI Open School Subscription
- Access the full catalog of online courses in quality, safety, population health, equity, health care leadership, person– and family-centered care, and leadership, as well as support for graduate medical education (GME).
- Obtain the Basic Certificate in Quality and Safety and the Safety and Quality Improvement Micro-Credential* in a total of 17.75 hours that includes the introduction to quality, safety, population health, equity, health care leadership, and person – and family-centered care.
- Receive discounts on IHI's Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS) Review Course
- Earn Continuing Education (CE) credits with accreditation from American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), and the National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ). As of April 2023, more than 1.77 million CE credits have been claimed through Open School courses. Learn more about our CE credits offerings.
Subscription Plans Available
Full Access - $399*
This 12-month subscription provides personal access to more than 30 courses in quality, safety, population health, equity, health care leadership, person- and family-centered care, and leadership, as well as support for graduate medical education (CME). For course titles, review the curriculum.
Patient Safety Catalog Only - $249*
This 12-month subscription provides personal access to the Patient Safety Catalog, consisting of 8 courses:
- PS 101: Introduction to Patient Safety
PS 102: From Error to Harm
• PS 103: Human Factors and Safety
PS 104: Teamwork and Communication
- PS 105: Responding to Adverse Events
PS 201: Root Cause Analyses and Actions
• PS 202: Achieving Total Systems Safety
- PS 202: Achieving Total Systems Safety
PS 203: Pursuing Professional Accountability and a Just Culture
Note: Subscriptions will not auto-renew. We will contact you when your subscription is approaching expiration. Scholarships may be available in cases of financial hardship.
*A micro-credential is a digital badge showing proof of completion for a series of courses from an accredited learning institution. They let employers and your professional network know that you have proficiency in a subject area.