Workforce Well-Being Leadership Professional Development Program
Workforce Well-Being Leadership Professional Development Program
Are you charged with leading or supporting the well-being of your organization’s workforce?
Join the free informational call on Tuesday, January 16, 2024 (1:00PM-2:00PM ET)
This course, led by faculty Jonathan Ripp, MD, MPH, and Cynda Hylton Rushton, PhD, RN, FAAN, is designed to be interprofessional and for both current and aspirational well-being leaders.
Join us for solutions-focused learning in an inclusive space built for discovering, listening, and practicing. Leave this course empowered with proven methods and a new narrative about well-being, ready to lead change in your system.
|Week #||Session #||Date||Time (ET)|
|1||1||March 12||11:00 AM–1:00 PM|
|2||2||March 19||11:00 AM–1:00 PM|
|3||3||March 26||11:00 AM–1:00 PM|
|4||4||April 2||11:00 AM–1:00 PM|
|5||5||April 9||11:00 AM–1:00 PM|
|6||6||April 16||11:00 AM–1:00 PM|
|7||Break - no session||April 23||Break - no session|
|8||7||April 30||11:00 AM–1:00 PM|
|9||8||May 7||11:00 AM–1:00 PM|
|10||9||May 14||11:00 AM–1:00 PM|
|11||10||May 21||11:00 AM–1:00 PM|
|12||Break - no session||June 4||Break - no session|
|13||Break - no session||June 11||Break - no session|
|14||Break - no session||June 18||Break - no session|
|15||11||June 25||11:00 AM–1:00 PM|
The Workforce Well-Being Leadership professional development program covers individual leadership skills, improvement methods, and proven strategies and tools for addressing the organizational drivers of burnout. This program is highly interactive, and participants will have the opportunity to apply skills during live sessions, engage in discussion with experts and peers, and practice their learning with fellow participants in small groups. Participants are also expected to design and lead a project aimed at improvement staff well-being with their teams.
A summary of topics covered includes:
- Exploring key terms and models for improving health worker well-being
- Leveraging systems thinking to address organizational conditions that drive burnout
- Fostering a culture of improvement and learning
- Developing systems to promote and prioritize staff-led improvement projects focused on well-being
- Building trust at all levels of relationships within your organization
- Aligning personal and organizational values
- Ensuring physical and psychological safety
- Destigmatizing and reducing barriers to mental health care
- Improving practice efficiency to address workload and workflow challenges
- Centering diversity, equity, and inclusion in well-being work
- Measuring well-being and addressing survey fatigue
- Making a business case for well-being
- Leading by influence and delivering effective messages
- Storytelling to change culture
In support of improving patient care, the Institute for Healthcare Improvement is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the health care team.
Continuing education credits for this program are still being finalized and will be updated shortly.
Becka DeSmidt, Project Director, Delivery, IHI
Lauren Downing, Senior Program Manager, IHI
Kedar Mate, MD, President and Chief Executive Officer, IHI
Patricia McGaffigan, RN, Vice President, IHI
Jonathan Ripp, MD, MPH, Professor of Medicine, Medical Education and Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine, Dean for Well-Being and Resilience and Chief Wellness Officer at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Cynda Hylton Rushton, PhD, RN, FAAN, Anne and George L. Bunting Professor of Clinical Ethics at the Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics and the School of Nursing
Cindy Betti-Sullivan, Senior Director, Program Design, IHI
If you are registered for this program and would like to access the available materials, please follow these steps:
- Click “My IHI” at the top of this page and log in.
- Once you’re logged in, click on “My Participation" tab and then the button that says "My Materials."
- Click on the "My Materials" button to access handouts and other documents that will be used in this program.
IHI may, at its discretion, cancel, postpone, or otherwise modify in-person programs at any time, with or without notice. If IHI does so and as a result, a registrant is unable to participate in the program, IHI will refund the registration fee. The registrant, however, will remain responsible for other costs (such as travel and lodging) the registrant incurs in connection with the program, and IHI will not refund the registrant, nor otherwise be responsible for, such costs. Registrants should proceed accordingly and consider travel/lodging cancellation policies — as well as purchasing travel insurance — when incurring such costs. IHI asks registrants to take into consideration the currently evolving situation and advisories related to COVID-19 before incurring travel, lodging, and other costs related to this event.
Regular Rate: $5,995 USD per person
Group Rate: $5,095 USD per person (groups of three or more save 15%)
IHI is pleased to offer a limited number of 15%, 25%, and 50% scholarships to assist with program registration costs for those working in:
- Independent, United States Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) that are not affiliated with a hospital or health system
- Critical Access Hospitals
- Independent practices with fewer than 20 physicians
- Hospitals with fewer than 50 beds
- Members of America's Essential Hospitals
- 501(c)(3) organization with a defined operating budget of less than $5 million, serving community-based populations
- Ministries of Health
- Faith-based health institutions
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
To apply for a scholarship, please complete the online Scholarship Application by January 30, 2024. IHI will notify all applicants of their scholarship status by February 13, 2024.
All scholarships are reviewed on an individual basis. If multiple individuals from the same organization wish to apply for a scholarship, each individual must submit an application. Group discounts are also available, see information above.
To ensure equal distribution of funds, all scholarship applications are reviewed using the same scoring criteria. All awarded amounts are final.
Please note, scholarships are available for program registration costs only, and do not cover travel, food, or accommodation costs associated with attending a program.
Group Rate: $5,095 USD per person
Organizations sending three or more people are eligible to receive a 15% Group Discount. To register a group, fill out the Group Registration form.
- If you are eligible for a discount — because you qualify for a membership discount or you have received a need-based scholarship — it will be automatically applied to your registration.
- After checkout, you will receive a confirmation of purchase. You can also print an invoice from your online profile 24 hours after your purchase.
Cancellations, Refunds, Substitutions
Registration Fee of $2,950 or more
- Payments: Full payment is due 60 days before the start of the program. If payment in full is not received within 60 days prior to the program start date, IHI will notify you and cancel your registration.
- Credit card payments: Enter your credit card information online during the registration process or call the IHI Customer Experience Department to process payment over the phone.
- Check payments: Please mail a copy of the invoice with your check made payable to IHI.
- Cancellations: For cancelations made within 45 days before the start of a program: Registration fees are fully refundable if a written request is received by email@example.com on or before 45 days before the start of the program.
- Refunds: IHI will issue all refunds in the original payment type (credit card or check) within 30 days. Registrations received after 45 days or less before the start of the program are not refundable.
- Substitutions: One attendee may be substituted for another at any time by calling the IHI Customer Experience Department or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Guarantee to You
If for any reason you are not completely satisfied that your attendance in an IHI educational program is a valuable experience, IHI will gladly refund your registration fee per the policies noted above. Please note that due to unforeseeable circumstances, last-minute changes in program titles, speakers, or presentations may be unavoidable.
617-301-4800 | 866-787-0831 (Toll Free)