Leading Quality Improvement: Essentials for Managers
Leading Quality Improvement: Essentials for Managers
The program consists of 8 online lessons and 8 live hour-long webinars to reinforce, discuss, and apply content covered during the online lessons.
The agenda for the Spring 2024 offering is available to download:
- IHI Leading Quality Improvement Spring 2024 High-Level Agenda
- IHI Leading Quality Improvement Spring 2024 Detailed Agenda
In support of improving patient care, the Institute for Healthcare Improvement is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the health care team.
This program is approved to provide 16 credits for physicians, nurses, and Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS) recertification.
The Institute for Healthcare Improvement designates this blended learning activity for a maximum of 16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity may also be applicable for other professions that accept AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Upon completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Define Whole System Quality and the leadership principles required to support it.
- Explain the utility of improvement science for health care managers.
- Compare the culture in your local area of work to recommendations for a culture of safety.
- Apply strategies to assist in learning about and understanding what really matters to patients and support networks, the local community, and the health care force.
In order to be eligible for a continuing education certificate, attendees must complete the online evaluation within 30 days of the continuing education activity. After this period, you will be unable to receive a certificate.
Continuing education credits will not be awarded for non-educational activities, including (but not limited to) meals, breaks and receptions.
- Jesse McCall, MBA, Senior Director, IHI
- Marianne Smith, RN
- Pierre Barker, MD, Chief Scientific Officer, IHI
- Andreia Cavaco, Project Manager, IHI
- Brandon Aquino, Marketing Coordinator, IHI
Disclosure: None of the planners, presenters, or staff for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
Fees & Scholarships
Includes 8 online lessons and 8 live hour-long webinars to reinforce, discuss, and apply content covered during the online lessons. Prices are listed in USD.
Regular rate: $995 per person
Groups of 3 or more: $846 per person
Register a group
IHI is pleased to offer a limited number of 15%, 25%, 50% and 100% scholarships to assist with program registration costs for those working in:
- Independent, United States Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) that are not affiliated with a hospital or health system
- Critical Access Hospitals
- Independent practices with fewer than 20 physicians
- Hospitals with fewer than 50 beds
- Members of America's Essential Hospitals
- 501(c)(3) organization with a defined operating budget of less than $5 million, serving community-based populations
- Ministries of Health
- Faith-based health institutions
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
To apply for a scholarship, please complete the online Scholarship Application by December 6, 2023. IHI will not consider applications submitted after this date. IHI will notify all applicants of their scholarship status by December 26, 2023.
All Scholarships are reviewed on an individual basis. If multiple individuals from the same organization wish to apply for a scholarship, each individual must submit an application.
To ensure equal distribution of funds, all scholarship applications are reviewed using the same scoring criteria. All awarded amounts are final.
Please note, scholarships are available for program registration costs only, and do not cover travel, food, or accommodation costs associated with attending a program.
Cancellations, Substitutions, and Refunds
- Payments: Full payment is due at the time of registration.
- Credit card payments: Enter your credit card information online during the registration process, or call the IHI Customer Experience Department to process payment over the phone.
- Check payments: If you need to make a payment by check, please call the IHI Customer Experience Department.
- Cancellations: For cancellations made within one day before the start of the program: Registration fees are fully refundable if a written request is received by firstname.lastname@example.org on or before one day before the start of the program.
- Refunds: IHI will issue all refunds in the original payment type (credit card or check) within 30 days. Registrations received one day before the start of the program are not refundable.
- Substitutions: One attendee may be substituted for another at any time by calling the IHI Customer Experience Department or emailing email@example.com.
Our Guarantee to You
If for any reason you are not completely satisfied that your attendance in an IHI educational program is a valuable experience, IHI will gladly refund your registration fee per the policies noted above. Please note that due to unforeseeable circumstances, last-minute changes in program titles, speakers, or presentations may be unavoidable.
- Click on the Register button to login or create an account.
- Visit the IHI Education Platform to view program details and complete your registration for the training.
- Invoices can be found and paid through your My Account section.
866-787-0831 (Toll Free)