IHI Open School Updates
Stay current with the latest IHI Open School updates.
Attention IHI Open School Users: Below you will find a list of key changes that will affect your learning experience.
For All Open School Users:
- New look and navigation! The IHI Open School has a new look, and you can now move from section to section within a course in a smoother, more uniform way. Your progress through the course is displayed on the left panel. Also, be aware of these new features:
- Use the "START HERE" section at the beginning of each lesson for information and directions for the new features.
- The prompts for course activities are new, opening in dynamic pop-up windows. Important: You will need to disable your browser’s pop-up blocker to view the course activities prompts.
- To leave the course, the "Exit" button is located at the top right of the browser window.
- Clear your web browser history. For users who have not logged into the IHI Open School Education Platform after August 7, 2023, it is important to clear the web browser history to remove any previous versions prior to the system upgrade and to avoid potential issues, such as: courses do not load properly, flashing course components, and an altered welcome page. Each web browser is different, so please seek help and directions for clearing browser history directly from the specific browser in use.
- Turn off pop-up blockers for optimal content use. Both the software and the content in the IHI Open School Education Platform have been upgraded. You will need to grant permission in your web browser to enable pop-ups to function to access some interactive content. A warning will appear if your pop-ups are enabled and blocking the content from loading. Each web browser is different, so please seek help and instructions directly from the browser in use for directions on disabling pop-ups only for the IHI Open School Education Platform. Some general directions are available in the START HERE section at the beginning of each Open School course lesson.
- Avoid course incompletion by ensuring all course content, including all videos and audio recordings, have been played through in their entirety. This includes scrolling down to the bottom of each page and opening each hyperlink on each page.
For Students and Users with Group Subscription Access:
- You have Full Access to the Open School catalog, but not to the free Student Version. We have updated and created a new Full Access version of each course for paid subscribers that includes access to continuing education (CE) certificates and contact hours. The Student Version will continue to appear in the course listing and will show as "Add to Cart". The Student Version is for free subscribers and does not include access to CEs. Use the "Browse by" section to filter the options using the category "Open School: English: Full Access."
For Students and Residents with a Free Subscription:
- You have access to the IHI Open School free Student Version, which includes the 13 courses in the Basic Certificate curriculum. We have updated the 13 courses included in the Basic Certificate curriculum for subscribers to the free Student Version.
- Access to courses that are not included in the Basic Certificate requires a paid subscription; these courses are listed in the student catalog as "Add to Cart." You may purchase a full subscription to access these additional courses.
- Use the "Browse by" section to filter the options by the category "Open School: English: Student Version."
- Courses included in the Open School Student Version. Subscribers to the free Student Version have access to the 13 foundational courses: QI 101-105, PS 101-105, TA 101, PFC 101, and L 101. To access courses not included in the 13 foundational courses, a paid subscription is required.
- Certificates of completion for the free Student Version are available on completion of each course in the 13-course Basic Certificate curriculum. Certificates of completion are not valid for continuing education credits or for claiming contact hours. Certificates for completion of the free Student Version courses are only to acknowledge the student’s participation and endeavors in learning; we do not provide transcripts for courses taken through the IHI Open School.
- Other access changes to the free Student Version. Faculty, Deans, and Administrators at higher education institutions are no longer eligible for a free subscription. An individual professional or group subscription is required to access the Open School catalog. Please note that only group subscriptions include access to the educator’s toolkit and the administrative dashboard for reporting and tracking course completion of groups and/or students.
Visit this page regularly to stay up-to-date with the IHI Open School. For any questions, please reach out to email@example.com to get support.