Optimizing a Business Case for Safe Health Care: An Integrated Approach to Safety and Finance
This toolkit equips patient safety and finance leaders with tools and a collaborative approach to make a compelling business case for organizational investments to advance patient and workforce safety initiatives.
- Developing the business case for safe care
- Guidelines to assess organizational readiness for a safety initiative, gather information and data, draft a business case for the work, and deliver a presentation to decision makers
- Readiness checklists
- Business case template and sample
- Presentation template and sample
- Additional resources
Patient and workforce safety should be a core value of health care organizations, but given limited resources, investments in safety must be weighed against other priorities. Collaboration of safety and financial leaders is essential to creating and presenting a solid business case for safety work.
This toolkit includes specific recommendations and practices for safety and finance leaders to develop a business case for safety, and provides a framework for advancing patient and workforce safety.
- The main document offers guidelines to assess organizational readiness for a safety initiative, gather information and data, draft a business case for the work, and deliver a presentation to decision makers.
- Associated tools and templates are included to help organize and present the work.
Download Optimizing a Business Case for Safe Health Care
* Required fields