Always Events Toolkit
The toolkit supports providers in partnering with patients and family members to co-design, reliably implement, and sustain and spread Always Events to dramatically improve the care experience.
- What are Always Events?
- Set-up and oversight of Always Events
- Co-design and test an Always Event
- Reliably implement, sustain, and spread Always Events
- Always Events one-page overview
Always Events are aspects of the patient experience that are so important to patients, their care partners, and service users that health care providers must aim to perform them consistently for every individual, every time.
An Always Event® is a clear, action-oriented, and pervasive practice or set of behaviors that provides the following:
- A foundation for partnering with patients and their families;
- Actions that will ensure optimal patient experience and improved outcomes; and
- A unifying force for all that demonstrates an ongoing commitment to person- and family-centered care.
The Always Events Toolkit is designed to support leaders and point-of-care teams in partnering with patients/individuals and family members to co-design, reliably implement, and sustain and spread Always Events to dramatically improve the care experience.
The accompanying Always Events one-page overview document was developed by colleagues at Picker Institute Europe to provide a simple roadmap to developing, testing, and implementing an Always Event in a care setting.