Training Record Set for IHI Global Trigger Tool
Use this tool to train new reviewers how to use the IHI Global Trigger Tool for Measuring Adverse Events.
- The Training Record Set is used in conjunction with the IHI Global Trigger Tool for Measuring Adverse Events
- Use the training records in the first phase of training reviewers in the IHI Global Trigger Tool methodology
- The Training Record Set provides key learning points for using the IHI Global Trigger Tool
The IHI Global Trigger Tool for Measuring Adverse Events is best utilized when used by personnel who have been trained as reviewers for this methodology. The IHI Global Trigger Tool includes instructions for training reviewers.
- The first phase of training reviewers is conducted using the Training Record Set: These are actual patient records (with identifiers removed) that have been selected to emphasize key learning points for using the IHI Global Trigger Tool.
- Each training record has been reviewed by experienced reviewers and, for teaching purposes, includes answers on findings.
When new reviewers are ready for phase one of the training, download this Training Record Set, which can be reviewed on-screen or printed. The process for review should be followed according the instructions in the IHI Global Trigger Tool.
It is not unusual for reviewers to find triggers or adverse events that are not listed in the Answers to the Training Records (located within the IHI Global Trigger Tool White Paper). The answers include the triggers and adverse events most commonly identified by most reviewers when tested.
See the Introduction to Trigger Tools for more information about how to select and use the appropriate Trigger Tool.