Leadership is a critical component for any organization seeking to drive improvements in health care quality and patient safety. As health care delivery systems shift from volume-based to value-based systems, leaders face new and different challenges that require new ideas, behaviors, and actions. IHI helps leaders at all levels in care delivery organizations find solutions to focus their leadership efforts and achieve Triple Aim results — better health, better care, at lower cost — for the populations they serve.
IHI's approach to focusing leader attention on quality improvement efforts is a critical component of our foundational work in building the improvement capability of health care organizations. It is anchored in our High-Impact Leadership Framework, which helps leaders build new mental models to think about challenges and solutions through a set of five high-impact leadership behaviors:
- Frontline clinician and staff engagement
- Relentless focus
This framework is described in greater detail in the IHI white paper, High-Impact Leadership: Improve Care, Improve the Health of Populations, and Reduce Costs.
IHI's leadership resources and programs are tailored for multiple audiences who can bring high-impact leadership into their day-to-day work, including:
- Organizational and system leaders who guide change efforts
- Board members who seek to engage with executive leadership in improvement quality and safety
- Middle managers who seek to apply the principles of highly effective leadership to their work with frontline teams
- Physician leaders or those who seek to better understand how to engage physician leaders in quality improvement efforts