100 Million Healthier Lives (100MLives) is a global movement, convened by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement and funded in part by the
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, that began in late 2014 and concludes at the end of 2020.
Mission: 100 million people living healthier lives worldwide by the end of 2020
Vision: Fundamentally transform the way the world thinks and acts to improve health, well-being, and equity
When partners came together to launch 100MLives, we recognized the time was right for a major leap forward in the creation of health, well-being, and equity. We knew we had the people, the tools, and the heart necessary to turn the rising tide of chronic disease; support youth as they learn and elders as they age; overcome social isolation and diseases of despair. We believed we could disrupt long-standing structural inequities in health and well-being outcomes if we adopted a fundamentally different approach — one that brings us together across sectors to address physical, social, and behavioral contributors to health.
By choosing an audacious goal — 100 million people living healthier lives by 2020 around the world — that no one organization or initiative could achieve alone, we committed to unprecedented collaboration, a humble spirit of learning, innovation and improvement, and systemic change to contribute to a Culture of Health.
Together, we are creating solutions to the most intractable challenges that stand in the way of achieving health, well-being, and equity around the world. In the more than five years since 100MLives launched, members have changed the world in meaningful ways — working together with youth, veterans, older adults — on topics such as nutrition, mental health, education, homelessness, and many more.
The final year of 100MLives is focusing on a few key areas:
- Measuring our shared impact and telling stories from the movement
- Helping members continue the work after the movement concludes by:
- Developing sustainable
- Sharing key frameworks and tools in the commons
- Connecting partner networks
- Supporting leadership and community-based
responses to COVID-19
- Assisting health care organizations to be both
good at health and good at care
We invite you to
join the 100MLives Movement. On the 100MLives Collaborative Platform, you can register for a free account to:
- Find out more about 100MLives to learn what works and what others are doing
- Help us count Lives Improved by sharing data and your story
- Connect with Hubs and Action Communities to advance your work
- Get customized support from our Action Support Team
- Use free tools such as web conferencing and document storage and collaboration