Share Information with Patients and Providers to Coordinate Care for People with Chronic Conditions
Improving Chronic Care: Clinical Information Systems
- Decide which elements or fields in the registry, and which subgroups of patients, to report on.
- Develop a format for feedback.
- Decide who receives feedback and how often.
- Keep it simple.
- Allow for formatting suggestions after first draft, but don't try to reach consensus across all end-users.
- Use feedback reports that are automated and easy to produce.
- Standardize reports across teams for easy interpretation and comparison.
- Send monthly reports to the board of directors, senior leaders, and team.
- Show blind comparison data of other providers to motivate providers.
- Have managers evaluate and support outliers.
- Incorporate certified medical education (CME) with data feedback as a decision support service to providers.