June 5, 2020
- Donald M. Berwick, MD, MPP, FRCP, President Emeritus and Senior Fellow, Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI)
- Derek Feeley, President and CEO, IHI
- Nicole Lurie, MD, MSPH, Consultant to the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations; Former Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response, US Department of Health and Human Services (Obama administration)
- Tyler Norris, MDiv, Chief Executive, Well Being Trust
- Moderated by:
Madge Kaplan, Director of Communications, IHI
International evidence and experience suggest the COVID-19 pandemic has placed substantial demands and presented exceptional challenges to already overstretched health care systems and care teams around the world.
One consequence is that many health care providers and caregivers have already experienced or will experience a degree of moral distress, burnout, and harm.
This Virtual Learning Hour discusses:
- The need to improve, address, and respond to the daily mental health needs of caregivers
- The rock solid importance of trust, physical, and psychological safety in a crisis
- The systems that must be created to better anticipate and respond to
everyone’s well-being during a pandemic, including and especially essential workers across all industries and marginalized communities
Listeners also have the opportunity to share their questions, struggles, and bright spots they are seeing in this unprecedented time.