Sodzi Sodzi-Tettey, MD, MPH, IHI Senior Technical Director, Africa Region
Have trouble viewing this video? Read the transcript.
Learning Objectives: At the end of this activity, you will be able to:
Description: Leaders are often busy mentoring, managing, guiding, and operating. So why should they make the time to write?
Sodzi Sodzi-Tettey, in addition to leading some of IHI’s largest-scale improvement work, is a prolific writer who has published in the Ghanaian media for more than a decade. In this video short, Dr. Sodzi-Tettey describes three ways that writing can make you a better leader.
- Why does being a good writer require good listening skills?
- Can you think of an example from history of someone who articulated a shared vision in a meaningful way? Who came to mind first?
- Why can writing help bring discipline to your thinking?
- Why is it important that a leader possess excellent communication skills?
- What’s one thing you can start doing right now to improve your writing?