Our WebEx software has been updated! Please log on AT LEAST 15 minutes early to ensure that you successfully connect to our program.
WIHI uses WebEx technology. There are three ways to join:
- Via computer alone. You can access the audio through your computer speakers or headphones and can submit comments or questions via the chat function in WebEx. [Requires WebEx software installation]
- Via telephone alone. You can participate in the audio aspects of the program, but will not have access to chat functions.
- Via computer AND telephone. You can participate in the audio aspects of the program and the chat functions as well. [Requires WebEx software installation]
If you plan to connect to WIHI via computer (as opposed to via phone alone), you will need to ensure that WebEx software is installed on your machine. Below are the instructions to pre-install the WebEx software. The installation process should take only a few minutes (if you do not pre-install the software, it will still be installed automatically when you join the session).
WebEx Software Installation
- Browse to the IHI WebEx Home Page at http://wihi.webex.com (note: no "www").
- Once at the WebEx page, go to the hamburger stack to the left of the page and click on Download. On the next page, click on Download under Cisco Webex Meetings Desktop App to download the software.
- To install the Cisco Webex Meetings App, click on the downloaded software to launch the installation process. If you receive a Security Warning asking if you want to install and run an ActiveX WebEx Client from WebEx Communications, Inc., please select "Yes" (we recommend also checking the box to always trust content from WebEx, which will allow you to transparently receive updates to the software without having to see this warning each time). If you are unable to install the software from within the browser, you will see two links to directly install the software with an installation package; choose the one that matches your browser software (Internet Explorer or Chrome).
If you have any difficulty with the setup process, please contact WebEx technical support at 866-569-3239 (option 2).
You may also wish to set your time zone, so meetings show up in the meeting list in your local time. Click Set Up in the left navigation, and then Preferences. Note that this is a per-computer setting, so you will have to do this on each computer you use to access WebEx.
In order to fully participate in WIHI using WebEx, you will need to have the following available:
- Broadband Internet connectivity (e.g., T1/LAN, DSL, satellite, or cable modem)
- Each connection will require a personal computer with the following configuration:
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Internet Explorer 11 or later, or the latest release of Firefox or Chrome (Internet Explorer is recommended.)
- At least 1024x768 screen resolution
- Administrative privileges on the computer to install the WebEx client software, or IT support with admin privileges
- Access to a Network/IT resource in your organization in the event that proxy or firewall issues cause connectivity problems
- Telephone convenient to computer for dial-in to meetings (with mute button if possible)