Two IHI Fellows give advice to those interested in applying for the IHI Fellowship.
Applications for the IHI Fellowship Program 2022-2023 are due by August 12, 2022. Phone/video interviews will take place
throughout late August and early September 2022. All applicants will be notified of admission decisions on or before September 16, 2022. Download the example application form here.
Who Should Apply
Professionals in quality and safety roles who are looking to take their strategic, operational, and thought leadership skills to the next level.
- Director level in quality or safety or risk
- Senior managers in quality or safety or risk
- Patient safety or quality officers
- Directors of risk management
- Emerging clinician leaders
- Other industry professionals such as human factors engineers
- Patient advocates
- Boundary spanners (individuals who work across the system and are on a trajectory to lead a system)
There are a limited number of partial, need-based scholarships available. Learn more about the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation scholarship. More information on applying for a scholarship can be found in the application.