Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, Inc. (SHEA)
Arlington, Virginia, USA
The Compendium is a concise distillation of current guidelines for the prevention of healthcare-associated infections (HAI) that brings together recommendations from respected sources in a format suited to implementation in the clinical setting. It also includes metrics and indicators of success for implementation.
HAIs included in the Compendium:
- Surgical Site Infection (SSI)
- Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infection (CLABSI)
- Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infection (CAUTI)
- Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia (VAP)
- Clostridium difficile (C. diff)
- Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
are also available on these topics (in both English and Spanish, as well as in large print versions).
The complete Compendium and Patient Guides are available for free download on the SHEA website.