Use the Functional Health Survey-6 (FHS-6) patient questionnaires to assess the functional health outcomes (both physical and mental health) of a patient population. There are two questionnaires: one for inpatient settings, and one for outpatient settings.
Functional health outcome is an important measure of effective care. The Institute for Healthcare Improvement's Whole System Measures include a measure to assess functional health outcomes: the Functional Health Outcomes Score. This score is measured using the Functional Health Survey-6.
[Note that the Functional Health Outcomes Score is currently in the testing phase because there is limited experience using the measure at the organizational level.]
This page includes the following documents:
- FHS-6 Patient Questionnaire: Inpatient Setting
- FHS-6 Patient Questionnaire: Outpatient Setting
- Description of the Whole System Measure, Functional Health Outcome Scores, including:
- Measure definition
- Method for measuring (inpatient and outpatient)
- Sampling and data analysis plan