July 10, 2020
- Donald Berwick, MD, MPP, President Emeritus and Senior Fellow, IHI
- Wendy Dean, MD, President and CEO and Co-Founder, The Moral Injury of Healthcare
- Cynda Hylton Rushton, PhD, RN, FAAN, Anne and George L. Bunting Professor of Clinical Ethics, Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics and the School of Nursing; Co-Chair, Johns Hopkins Hospital’s Ethics Committee and Consultation Service
- Moderated by:
Jessica Perlo, MPH, Director, IHI
This program is part of the IHI Virtual Learning Hour Caring for Caregivers Special Series, delivered in partnership with Well Being Trust.
What is moral injury? How can it be mitigated? What is the continuum of this experience and what interventions have demonstrated promise in helping caregivers heal from this trauma?
This Virtual Learning Hour:
- Defines moral injury and why it’s important in light of COVID-19
- Provides tools and changes needed to mitigate and recover from moral injury while continuing to work in systems during the pandemic
- Discusses the building blocks needed to reclaim your agency and better connect to your values in service of your relationships with patients and peers