Read the 2008 Health Affairs article on the IHI Triple Aim. Listen to a recording of a national conference call with the authors.
Read the January 2009 Healthcare Executive article
that provides an overview of the IHI Triple Aim framework and on the IHI Triple Aim Initiative's prototyping activities.
A Commonwealth Fund case study series (July 2010) highlights three organizations that are transforming care as part of the IHI Triple Aim Initiative.
- CareOregon: Transforming the Role of a Medicaid Health Plan from Payer to Partner
- Genesys Health System: Primary Care-Based Delivery System, Integrated Self-Management Support, and Community Partnerships
- QuadMed: Transforming Employer-Sponsored Health Care Through Workplace Primary Care and Wellness Programs
Bellin Health, Martin’s Point, and the Vermont Blueprint, members of the IHI Triple Aim Initiative, are among the innovators profiled in the March 2011 issue of Health Affairs.
Featured stories in the Commonwealth Fund newsletter, "Quality Matters" (February/March 2012):
- County Health Rankings: National comparisons of the healthiest and least healthy counties in each US state.
- IHI Senior Fellow Tom Nolan suggests that regional solutions may be most promising for health care reform.
- Listen to the June 2011 informational call led by faculty Carol Beasley and Martha Rome, for more information about the IHI Triple Aim.