A Free MOOC (Massive Open Online Course)
Institute Healthcare Institute (IHI) and HarvardX — Harvard University’s branch of the online learning venture edX — have collaborated to produce a free massive open online course (MOOC) on improvement science in health and health care. The course, PH556X: Practical Improvement Science in Health Care: A Roadmap for Getting Results, starts on January 18 and lasts for seven weeks.
Each week, learners will dive into engaging, interactive materials and relevant resources to start building an improvement toolkit that will serve them long after the seven-week course ends. Register yourself, share the link with colleagues, and help us spread the word about this exciting new course.
What You’ll Learn
- Why improvement science is valuable in health and health care.
- Why understanding a system is critical to improving a process.
- The value of conducting iterative tests of change.
- How an improvement project evolves into reliable, standard work.
- How to design and execute a personal improvement project, including an aim, measures, and tests of change.
- Don Goldmann, MD, IHI’s Chief Medical and Scientific Officer
- Dave Williams, PhD, Executive Director, IHI’s Improvement Capability Foucs Area
- Don Berwick, MD, MPP, IHI President Emeritus and Senior Fellow