Distance learning for this series is supported by WebEx
. In order to fully participate in the session, learners will need to have the following available for the duration of the series:
Broadband Internet connectivity (e.g., T1/LAN, DSL, satellite, or cable modem)
- Each connection will require a personal computer with the following configuration:
- Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, or newer
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or newer, or Netscape 7.0 or newer (Internet Explorer 6.0 recommended)
- Microsoft Office 2000 or newer (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint will be used)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- At least 1024x768 screen resolution
- Administrative privileges on the computer to install the WebEx client software
Access to a Network/IT resource in your organization in the event that proxy or firewall issues cause connectivity problems
- Telephone convenient to computer for dial-in to meetings (with mute button if possible)
WebEx Software Installation
Here are the instructions to pre-install the WebEx software on your computers. The software installation should only take about 5 minutes (if you don't pre-install the software, it will still be installed automatically when you join the session).
- Browse to the IHI WebEx Home Page at http://ihi.webex.com (note: no "www").
- Once at the WebEx page, click Set Up in the left navigation, and select Training Manager. This will display a page where you can set up the Training Manager software that we will be using for this course. We will not be using Flash or Windows Media files, so you do not need to click the "verify your rich media players" link.
- To install the WebEx Training Manager software, click the Set Up button. If you receive a Security Warning asking if you want to install and run WebEx Client from WebEx Communications, Inc., please select "Yes" (we recommend also checking the box to always trust content from WebEx, which will allow you to transparently receive updates to the software without having to see this warning each time). If you are unable to install the software from within the browser, you will see two links to directly install the software with an installation package; choose the one that matches your browser software (Internet Explorer or Netscape).
If you have any difficulty with the set-up process, please contact WebEx technical support at 866-569-3239 (option 4).
You may also wish to set your time zone, so meetings show up in the meeting list in your local time. Click Set Up in the left navigation, and then Preferences.
Note that this is a per-computer setting, so you will have to do this on each computer you use to access WebEx.