“Bundled payment is generally touted as a promising example of payment innovation — but the true benefit of bundling payments derives from reengineering care delivery, not from combining separately paid line items into a single tab. Bundled payment provides the impetus, but the work of care redesign must follow if the promise of bundled payment is to be realized.”
–Tom Williams and Jill Yegian, Modern Healthcare blog
Bundled care and bundled payments are becoming the norm for health care delivery and reimbursement. Making the move to this approach can lead to a number of advantages for health care organizations, including cost reduction and improved patient-centered care. Further, bundled payments and other ACA payment reforms have strong Federal support and a growing private-sector following.
To help your team understand how to improve the quality – and value – of the care being provided to
patients and populations within a bundled payment environment and learn the steps to getting started, attend the upcoming IHI Virtual Expedition: Bundled Payments: Beyond the Basics, starting February 16, 2017.
Under leadership of Tony DiGioia, MD, participants will work toward bundled payment design in various care conditions and learn how to assess their starting point and then implement a reliable, patient- and system-focused process for improving the patient care experience, cost, and health outcomes across the continuum of care. Sessions leverage total joint replacement case studies on bundling as a framework, and the lessons learned can be applied to any clinical condition. This Expedition provides teams working in (or moving toward) bundled payment design and will permit you to deliver value while tightly coupling clinical and financial process improvement efforts.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
At the end of the Expedition, participants will be able to:
This IHI Virtual Expedition is approved for a maximum of 5.5 continuing education credits for physicians and nurses.
- Couple quality, cost, and process improvement efforts with patient-centered tools to deliver value
- Shadow your patients and families to determine the true current state and identify opportunities for improvement
- Use patient care as the catalyst to deliver value and drive change and tightly couple clinical performance with financial performance
- Learn about the tools for you to determine the true cost to deliver care
- Identify high impact areas of care and costs to focus on as part of the way to get started
- While providing value and benefits for your patients, learn how your care teams and administration will also reap the rewards
- Set the stage to successfully participate in the new world of bundling and value based care