The need for patient safety solutions becomes even more critical when you consider the alarming statistics:
- According to Patient Safety America, medical errors result in an estimated 440,000 unnecessary deaths each year.
- Medical errors have become the third leading cause of death in the United States each year, behind cancer and heart disease.
- The Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) identified a 13.5 percent rate of harm within the US Medicare population by the Office of Inspector General using the IHI Global Trigger Tool.
Then there is the overwhelming cost to organizations like yours. A study in the Journal of Health Care Finance, published by Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, indicated that the economic effect of medical errors may reach $1 trillion dollars.
With today’s shrinking health care budgets and growing focus on costs, it has never been more important to have a robust plan for safe patient handling. Maintaining a powerful safety program is essential to the long-term health of your department, organization, or health care system — and to ensuring that your patients receive the safe and reliable care they deserve. To position your organization for success, attend the Patient Safety Executive Development Program from IHI and the National Patient Safety Foundation (NPSF).
Ideal for patient safety officers and professionals in safety oversight roles, this intensive, six-and-a-half-day program offers:
- The actionable strategies, skills, and practical tools to lead strong, effective patient safety programs
- The chance to work with expert faculty to develop or refine detailed, customized strategies and implementation plans for solving patient safety issues
- Insight into how to advise and coordinate the plans with senior leadership.