In support of improving patient care, the Institute for Healthcare Improvement is accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), to provide continuing education for the health care team.
This seminar carries a maximum of 6.5 credits for physicians, pharmacists, and nurses.
Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Determine why you are measuring (for improvement, judgment, or research)
- Explain the key milestones in the Quality Measurement Journey
- Develop measures, operational definitions, and data collection plans that are practical and support organizational objectives
- Understand variation conceptuallUnderstand variation statistically with run and Shewhart (control) charts
- Link measurement to your improvement strategies
To be eligible for a continuing education certificate, attendees must complete the online evaluation within 30 days of the continuing education activity. After this period, you will be unable to receive a certificate.
Continuing education credits will not be awarded for non-educational activities, including (but not limited to) meals, breaks and receptions. For further information on how to obtain continuing education credits, click here.