Health care organizations need a key asset to achieve system-wide quality: Dedicated leaders.
Will you be one of them?
If you’re ready to be responsible for quality at the highest levels of your organization, the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI)’s Chief Quality Officer Professional Development Program will help you develop the skills you need. Whether you’re a Chief Quality Officer (CQO) already or in a quality role with aims to advance, this new professional development program will enable you to develop the executive leadership skills required to put quality and safety at the top of the priority list for your organization.
Why it Matters
- You already know that as a CQO you need to get your Board and senior leadership engaged, measure and report on quality and safety indicators, achieve high-quality, person-centered care, reduce waste and costs, and monitor accreditation and compliance.
- This program will help you make progress in all of those areas. Our expert faculty will lead you through a framework to help organizations focus on quality as a system; coach you on how to strategically plan for quality, execute rigorous system-wide improvement initiatives; sustain and manage gains, engage your people, and create the infrastructure than enables it all to happen.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
Over the course of the five-month program (delivered in two in-person sessions and monthly virtual calls) this program offers:
- Project-based learning to help you establish an effective quality management system built on quality planning, quality control, and quality improvement
- Real-world examples of best practices, approaches, and methods to apply in your own setting
- A grounding in improvement science and the latest methodologies for leading quality across an organization
- Case studies and advice from today's CQOs about how they are leading this work across diverse organizations — and how you can, too
- A unique network of quality leader peers for support during the course and after you return home
Who Should Attend
Consider enrolling in this program if you are a:
- Current CQO who is looking for a best-practice framework for leading quality
- Quality leader who would like to prepare to become a CQO in the future
- C-suite leader responsible for quality
- Clinician interested in an administrative role