Global Chapter Network Calls:
These calls, led by our Global Chapter Leaders, provide an opportunity for new and experienced Chapter Leaders, members, Faculty Advisors - as well as those interested in starting a Chapter - to connect and exchange best practices, opportunities, and common challenges from their work. Further details and an archive of call recordings and resources are available here.
Topic: Recover Hope Campaign Momentum Call - Deep Dive on Substance Use Disorders
Date and Time: Friday, April 26, 12:00 - 1:00 PM ET
Description: Join the Open School for a deep dive into substance use disorders and recovery to inform your Chapter's project work in the Recover Hope Campaign.
Session number: 627 106 984
- Join the session through this link, then enter your name and email address.
- Click "Join Now" and follow the instructions that appear on your screen to connect your audio.
- Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-866-469-3239
- Call information in other time zones and languages is available here and the call-in numbers for those outside the US and Canada are here.
IHI hosts several conferences throughout the year around the world, which often offer student, resident, and faculty scholarships and opportunities to present storyboards. Learn about our upcoming conferences here, and look for the Student and Resident section on the event web pages.
IHI/BMJ International Forum on Quality and Safety in Health Care: Europe
March 27-29, Glasgow, Scotland
The International Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare is one of the world's largest conferences for healthcare professionals committed to improving patient care and safety. Each year, the Open School hosts a series of free events for students and junior doctors in attendance - learn more and sign up for these sessions here!
Deadlines to note for the International Forum:
- The deadline to submit a poster was November 6, 2018.
- The deadline to submit scholarship applications was February 15, 2019.
Open School Leadership Academy:
Information for the next annual Leadership Academy in 2019 will be posted in May. The IHI Open School hosts the annual Leadership Academy each summer for our highly-engaged student Chapter Leaders at the IHI office in Boston, MA.
Hear from 2018 Leadership Academy attendees below:
The Open School Leadership Academy offers an opportunity for learners to:
- Build competencies in leadership, community organizing, and improvement science.
- Develop the ability to mobilize, recruit, and activate others to improve health and health care.
- Craft a compelling story of their journeys to leadership and explore their leadership style and assets.
- Practice skills and tools to lead change in their Chapters and beyond.
- Strengthen relationships with fellow IHI Open School leaders.
Applications for the 2019 Open School Leadership Academy will be available in May.
In the meantime, you can follow-up with the Open School (email@example.com) regarding any questions about the event.