In support of improving patient care, the Institute for Healthcare Improvement is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The 2019 Summit is pending approval for continuing education credits.
For reference, the 2018 Summit carried a maximum of 16.25 credits for physicians, nurses, and pharmacists.
Attendees of the IHI Summit on Improving Patient Care will learn how to:
- Identify cutting-edge ideas that are ready for immediate application to their practice.
- Apply new ways to engage patients, families, and communities in redesigning and delivering optimal care.
- Network with colleagues to generate ideas and build supportive relationships.
- Explore ways to build healthier communities and provide superior care to patients while maintaining or reducing costs.
View all sessions and their descriptions by track.
InstructionsTo be eligible for a continuing education certificate, attendees must complete the online evaluation within 30 days of the continuing education activity. After this period, you will be unable to receive a certificate.
- Go to
ihi.org/CertificateCenter (If you are not currently logged into the website, you will be redirected to the log-in screen. Once you are logged in, you will be redirected back to the Certificate Center.)
- Click on the IHI Summit on Improving Patient Care link that appears under the “Create Certificate” header.
- Select the type of credits you wish to receive from the drop-down list, then click the “Submit” button. You will be able to choose Nursing Contact Hours, Pharmacist CPE, and US Physician CME.
- Review your enrollment to confirm that the sessions you attended are selected. If not, click the “Edit Enrollment” button to choose your sessions. Once your sessions are selected, click “Proceed to Check Out.” Click on the “Commit Changes” button to view your revised attendance summary. Confirm the revision is correct and click the link that says “Return to the Certificate Center.” To proceed, click the “Continue” button.
- For each session for which you’d like to receive credit, complete the survey by clicking the “Take Survey Now” button next to the session. If there are surveys listed for sessions for which you do not want to receive credits, click the “Opt Out of Survey” button. Note: You must either take or opt out of each survey to print your certificate.
- Once you have completed all surveys, click the “Generate Certificate” button to generate a PDF file of your certificate. You can print or save this certificate to your computer.
Continuing education credits will not be awarded for non-educational activities, including (but not limited to) meals, breaks, and receptions.