Share your expertise and successes with those on the leading edge of patient safety.
Submission Deadline: Friday, December 29, 2017, at 11:59 pm ET
Research and Solutions Posters
Abstracts are solicited for Research and Solutions poster presentations. Initiatives that cross or link stakeholder groups are encouraged. See the 2018 Congress
These posters are intended to highlight cutting edge patient safety research or the utilization of patient safety approaches, methods, and tools that result in demonstrated reductions in harm or improved patient safety.
Abstracts describing research or improvement projects that have been implemented in a practical setting with a discussion of the challenges and barriers to implementation are encouraged. Abstracts must report on findings of implemented research or improvement projects, not descriptions of planned projects.
- Accepted posters will be displayed in a designated area of the Learning & Simulation Center (the Congress exhibit hall), which will be open to attendees during all Learning & Simulation Center hours.
- Presenters of posters are requested to be available during Learning & Simulation Center receptions, luncheons, and breaks to answer questions.
- The Congress registration price is $1,050 through March 31, 2018, and $1,250 after March 31, 2018.
- Due to space constraints only one poster per person may be submitted. This also means that if you are selected to present you may have only one poster at the event.
- All abstracts will undergo review by IHI/NPSF Congress Planning Committee members.
- Review criteria include significance of the work to the field, clarity of presentation, and writing quality.
- All decisions by the IHI/NPSF Congress Planning Committee are final.
- If your poster is accepted, you are required to register and attend the event to present your poster. If you cannot attend you may send a colleague in your place. If no one from your organization can be present, the poster will not be included in the program.
The format described below is a guideline for presenting the work. If you are submitting an abstract you are encouraged to explore creative and innovative formats.
- Invited poster presentations must fully adhere to the requirements for poster size. You will be required to use a template provided by IHI. Further detail about this process will be shared with poster presenters who are invited to present and confirm participation.
- Photographs, newsletters, reports, and other documents are examples of items for display.
- IHI is not able to support posters with multimedia needs.
Please note: the IHI conference department is not responsible for printing or assembling any poster before or during the conference.
Criteria for Selection
- Demonstrate progress in patient safety improvement/harm reduction.
- Be tested to the extent possible.
- Include results/data to demonstrate impact.
- Include sound methodology for conducting research/improvement projects.
- Be practical to implement.
- Be creative and innovative.
- Be potentially replicable across organizations and settings.
Companies submitting solutions posters should include the results/outcomes from the use of their product in a health care setting.
Submit Your Poster Abstract
Use the form below to submit your poster abstract for the Patient Safety Congress.