The User Communities section includes IHI Improvement Blogs, user groups, and other tools to support your improvement work and enable you to connect with others around the world who are also engaged in improving health and health care.
IHI Improvement Blogs
On the IHI Improvement Blogs, you can learn from top improvement experts, IHI leaders, and others about leadership, patient safety, building capability, and a host of other topics.
Visit the Blogs >>
Find a Mentor
Health care professionals, share your expertise with students by serving as a mentor. The Find a Mentor tool matches students with practicing health care professionals.
- IHI.org users can opt in to Find a Mentor and specify their areas of expertise.
- Students enter search criteria and get a list of registered users who match the criteria, and then send a message through IHI.org to invite users to consider their mentor requests.
- Mentors have the option to accept or decline requests from prospective student mentees.
- Use My Mentors and Mentees (in My IHI) to track your connections.
Mentorship can take on many different forms — whether that’s one-time career advice or monthly improvement project coaching — and that’s open for mentors and students to decide what is most appropriate.
To use Find a Mentor, you must opt in for this feature in My IHI (select Edit My Profile and click the Personalization tab).
Find a Colleague
Find a Colleague enables you to search for and connect with IHI.org users from around the world who are working in similar organizations or in similar areas of interest.
- Contact colleagues by email through IHI.org and invite them to join your personal network.
- Track requests from people who want to connect with you in the My Colleagues section of My IHI.
To use Find a Colleague, you must opt in for this feature in My IHI (select Edit My Profile and click the Personalization tab).
Keep track of your improvement work. Workspace is designed to help you set up and document improvement projects, collect data on key measures, and keep track of changes over time — whether you're working on your own or as part of a team.
My Workspace Projects (including IHI Extranet)
The Improvement Tracker and IHI Extranet projects to which you have access will be listed on the Projects > Manage My Projects page.
Track your improvement over time! Select a measure from the existing library or create your own custom measure, set your aim, and enter your data. The Improvement Tracker automatically graphs your data. It lets you create customized reports for various audiences — your team, your CEO, your community.
Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) Interactive Tool
This tool allows you to assess the likelihood of failures in a process, evaluate the potential impact of a change and track changes in the risk priority number over time.
Trigger Tool for Measuring Adverse Drug Events Interactive Tool
This tool allows you to measure adverse drug events in your organization and track changes over time.
Go to Workspace >>