Thursday, March 12, Noon – 1:00 PM ET
Effective Approaches for Safer Care Transitions
Use the hashtag #PSAW20 to take part.
IHI (@TheIHI) is teaming up with the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality(@AHRQNews) for a Twitter chat about effective methods for improving safety during care transitions.
Despite advances in patient safety, health care holds inherent risks for patients. While health professionals try their best to keep patients safe, unforeseen gaps can lead to adverse events or missed care. Patients are perhaps most at risk during transitions in care, when they are moving from the hospital to home or to another care setting, or even to a different service within the same hospital.
During this year’s observation of Patient Safety Awareness Week, IHI and AHRQ invite health professionals and the general public to join a Twitter Chat focusing on the challenges of care transitions and effective approaches to keeping patients safe.
These are the questions lined up for the chat:
- In your experience, what are the chief obstacles to a safe transition?
- Has your facility improved how patients are transitioned between settings? What tips can you share on how to do it?
- How does your facility use health IT to improve care transitions?
- Patients and their loved ones are the constants in a care journey. How can patients and families be active participants during care transitions?
- How can hospitals involve primary and long-term care providers to foster smooth care transitions?
a calendar reminder about this event and plan to join us.Save
In preparation for the chat, find our more about IHI's Safety programs and check out AHRQ’s tools and resources for safer care.