Two IHI Fellows give advice to those interested in applying for the IHI Fellowship.
Applications for the IHI Fellowship Program 2021-2022 are due by September 10, 2021. Phone/video interviews will take place throughout September 2021. All applicants will be notified of admission decisions on or before
October 8, 2021. Preview the application by downloading a sample here.
Who Should Apply
Professionals in quality and safety roles who are looking to take their strategic, operational, and thought leadership skills to the next level.
- Director level in quality or safety or risk
- Senior managers in quality or safety or risk
- Patient safety or quality officers
- Directors of risk management
- Emerging clinician leaders
- Other industry professionals such as human factors engineers
- Patient advocates
- Boundary spanners (individuals who work across the system and are on a trajectory to lead a system)
There are a limited number of partial, need-based scholarships available. More information on applying for a scholarship can be found in the application.