The Perioperative Surgical Safety Onsite Diagnostic will help your organization or health system improve quality, safety, and efficiency in the perioperative process through evidence-based, real-world solutions.The Onsite Diagnostic includes:
- An in-depth onsite review of all perioperative services by a multidisciplinary team of all perioperative services, and as applicable, relevant quality and safety resources;
- A detailed evidence-based report that includes benchmark comparisons and recommendations for areas of improvement; and
- Recommendations for follow-up strategies for sustainable, measurable improvement.
This diagnostic is highly personalized and customizable based on the needs of your organization.
Led by Expert Faculty
The Perioperative Surgical Safety Onsite Diagnostic is conducted by OR Dx + Rx,
a group of leading experts in surgical care and quality and safety, including past presidents of the American College of Surgeons, the Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses, and the American Society of Anesthesiologists.
The diagnostic is conducted by a cross-functional team that includes surgeons, anesthesiologists, internists, nurses, department heads, operating room directors, hospital epidemiologists, and quality and safety directors.
Below is a general overview of the Onsite Diagnostic process:
- Organization completes brief intake questionnaire, followed by a phone conversation with a member of the IHI team
- IHI team sends a detailed outline of required material to the organization
- Team is assembled and material reviewed
- Site visit scheduled
- Interviews with medical, nursing, quality and safety, and administrative staff scheduled
- Relevant materials are reviewed (including hospital standards, files, charts, patient satisfaction scores, quality and safety reports and dashboards, critical incident reports, etc.)
- IHI team observes practice, flow, facilities, and equipment
- Team discussion and analysis of findings
- Prepare confidential reports and recommendations
Findings and Recommendations
At the conclusion of the diagnostic, the IHI team prepares a final report detailing specific, actionable recommendations for follow-up strategies for sustainable, measurable improvement and plans for executing on the recommendations. Implementation assistance is available as an additional option that could include periodic remote and, as needed, onsite consultation and discussion.
Download Sample Diagnostic Report